Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mr. Andy is at Home

Psst . . . don't forget to read the posts below first so you'll know where I've been.
Hello All,

I've been very busy since my last post - my children are also out of school and this has kept me and my wife, Ms. Kristen, very busy.
Today I took my children for a bike ride on the Shelby Bottoms Greenway. Actually, I was doing the cycling, they were relaxing in our pull-behind "bike wagon". We followed the trail all the way to the new pedestrian bridge at the North end of the Shelby Greenway and crossed the river into Two Rivers Park. We met our friend Ms. Jenny and her children over there to play on the playground and have a picnic lunch under the picnic shelters. We all had a great time until Ms. Jenny's daughter Annie got stung by a honey bee - ouch! But she made a quick recovery and everyone got back to chasing bugs and gathering flowers.
After a hot bike ride home I took my kids over to the Pied Piper Ice Creamery to cool down and then we walked around Five Points and took a peek inside my favorite shop Eastside Cycles.

Last weekend my family and I went to the American Artisans Festival at Centennial Park. We were walking around in the hot afternoon sun looking at all of the pottery, paintings, sculptures and other neat stuff when I spied our friend and fellow classmate Cole! He was with his Mom and Dad and brother doing the same thing we were. It was really nice to see Cole and his family and I wish that I had had my camera with me, but I didn't. So 'Hello' Cole - I enjoyed seeing you last Sunday - hope you're having a great summer.

Also - every Monday morning at EC3 I drop my son off at the EC3 summer program and when I do I always see Gracyn and Declan (and their Moms - 'hello' Moms). It's been nice to see you all this summer as well.

Well my children are fighting about something so I guess I should finish this post. Keep checking in here this summer so you can see where and what I will be doing next.

No comments: