Howdy Eveybody!

Boy it's hot outside today. I've been nursing a sick son back to health and also taking care of our family garden. My son is getting better but he's still not ready to go out and do too much just yet so we've been spending alot of time around the house this week.
My tomato plants are growing like crazy - I have them staked up and so far they are each about 7 feet tall and loaded with green tomatoes. I also have planted some basil, rosemary, mint and lots of marigolds (to keep the squirrels away).
I recently purchased a rain barrel and have it hooked up to one of my downspouts so that I can collect and use rain water in the vegetable garden. It's made from a 55 gallon Coca-Cola syrup container and it smelled like root-beer when I brought it home. It's just white plastic right now but I plan on painting it green so that it doesn't stand out quite so much. I'll take a picture after I have painted it.
No comments:
Post a Comment